03 Mar Volunteer Day Care Assistant
Age UK Manchester
To provide a professional service to older people
The role involves:
- To work under supervision and direction of day centre staff to provide companionship, support and activities for older people in the day centre environment observing the practices and procedures set out in the Age UK Manchester Staff/Volunteer handbook.
- To treat clients, staff and volunteers with dignity and respect and to work as part of a team in a way that will promote the wellbeing and enjoyment of the older people who attend day care
- To assist staff with serving refreshments in the day centre.
- To assist and participate in activities in the day centre
- To help staff to provide a consistent, high quality service to day centre clients by being reliable.
The role will also reqiure you:
- To work with staff to support older people who ay have complex mental and physical health needs.