08 Oct Volunteer Career Coach/Mentor – No Experience Necessary
Who we are
We are an education charity working towards a day when every child is inspired to fulfil their potential in school.
Why we exist
Children from disadvantaged backgrounds face significant barriers that stop them from achieving their potential in school. They aren’t less able, and they aren’t less intelligent but only 33% of children on free school meals achieve a 5 good grades at GCSE, compared to 60% of their wealthier peers.
From never having met someone who has been to university to not believing that their education is important – these children are less likely to be driven to achieve success in school. And we don’t think that’s fair.
What we do
The Future Frontiers coaching programme matches young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with inspiring university students, graduates and professionals who coach them to achieve success in their education, and their lives.
Be a part of it
Become a career coach. Trained to deliver our award-winning programme in weekly coaching sessions, you’ll guide your pupils to research, explore and discover a career that inspires them. Working towards a final academic plan, you’ll help your pupils make their goals a reality. You’ll also help to run workshops and a career networking event, building aspirations into the ethos of the entire year group.
What you’ll get
- The chance to make a life changing difference to your pupils
- Opportunity to develop and demonstrate key skills that are highly valued by employers
- Experience of working with school pupils, one on one – having a direct impact
- Access to a network of inspirational people and opportunities
- Training and weekly support to develop you as a coach
What we look for in our coaches
- Motivated to tackle educational inequality
- Empathetic towards young people and the challenges they face
- Good communicator, able to share information clearly
- Able to build positive and effective working relationships with pupils
- Proactive, able to solve any problems that arise
- Organised and committed to deliver a high-quality experience for your pupils
Take action today, become a volunteer career coach: www.futurefrontiers.org.uk/apply-now