04 Jan Clothing & Accessories Volunteer
Website Oxfam Kentish Town
About the opportunity
We are looking for volunteers who want to learn about the running of a retail charity shop’s clothing and accessories department. If you have a passion for clothes, jewellery, shoes or handbags, this could be perfect for you!
You will be able to sort, price and merchandise an amazing range of fashion, from the high street to designer wear and unique vintage.
• Selecting and pricing donated items
• Preparing items ready for shop floor
• Creating a welcoming and tidy environment
• Assisting with merchandising clothes rails, displays and store windows
• Supporting in store promotions
• Answering customer enquires
• Accepting and thanking customers for their donations
• Creating value for the donor and for Oxfam by asking every donor if they are signed up to Gift Aid
About Oxfam Kentish Town
Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn’t inevitable. In just 15 years, extreme poverty has been halved. 15 more years and we can end it for good.
We are a lively and hard working bunch of volunteers based in Kentish Town, Camden, London but to the locals we are known as the Super Poverty Fighters and Disease Destroyers!
We aim to better the world by selling on your generously donated quality clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to fight poverty and alleviate suffering.
No previous experience is needed, you will receive full training.
Gain valuable experience in retail
Meet and make new friends
Make the world a more just and fair place
What are we looking for?
• Reliable and enthusiastic
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Willingness to learn
You do not need previous experience as we will provide all the training and support you need.
• You will be given all necessary training and support for this role
• Develop your interest in a clothes and accessories role in a customer-facing environment.
• Gain retail experience. If you wish, you will be able to develop a range of skills by having access to the overview of the running of a very busy retail charity shop
• References provided to future employers
• Oxfam Shop volunteers can claim reasonable local travel expenses and lunch costs, in line with Oxfam’s policy.
Gain retail experience, boost your CV and have fun. All while helping to end poverty and suffering.
You can join us on an ongoing basis for a regular weekly shift that fits around your life, or volunteer as part of a personal project, language study or to enhance your CV. Ideally, you will volunteer a minimum 4 hours a week.