15 Jun Collection tin volunteer
Saving lives through early diagnosis
Be part of something big! Be the change that pancreatic cancer needs!
By joining our team of volunteers who have taken up the Change for Change initiative, you will be instrumental in raising much needed funds and awareness for pancreatic cancer.
We will support you throughout by sending you a complete information pack and tin and be available for any queries you may have.
The average collection tin raises about £30 every 6-8 weeks, which over time can really add up! To ensure we follow charity fundraising regulations, the donations from your boxes will need collecting every 6-8 weeks. You will then need to record the income on your donations sheet and when ready you can deposit the donations into our bank. This can all be done at a time that suits you. Simple!
• The role is flexible, working around you to suit your lifestyle.
• An opportunity to develop your fundraising skills and boost your CV.
• Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
The skills you need:
• Good communication skills and an ability to liaise with your local community links.
• Numeracy, record-keeping skills and the ability to handle cash efficiently and accurately.
• An ability to use your own initiative.
About Pancreatic Cancer Action:
Pancreatic Cancer Action aims to improve the survival of men and women diagnosed with pancreatic cancer by raising awareness of the symptoms and risk factors of the disease, funding research into early diagnosis, producing e-learning for medical professionals and providing patients with information and support.
The charity’s ultimate goal is to ensure that more patients are diagnosed at early stage so that they have the best chance of survival.