02 Aug Founder
Website roko20academy Roko 20 Academy
School providing free education for disadvantaged children
Roko 20 Academy is a primary school situated in a rural part of Kenya. It opened in January 2014 to provide a free, quality education to orphans and children from poor backgrounds. In addition the guardians/parents are assisted with small income generating projects to lift them out of poverty.
We are a registered charity in the UK (No 1161826).
We are a small newly formed charity and we are looking for a volunteer to assist with administration issues relating to the running of the charity in the UK. Help is required in the following areas:
1. Grant/funding applications.
2. Marketing the school in the UK.
3. Keeping financial accounts and Charity Commission requirements up to date in the UK.
4. Reclaiming Gift Aid.
5. Producing a newsletter to update sponsors.
6. Improving systems for recording data e.g. information on sponsored pupils using Excel.
7. Business and strategic plans
8. IT assistance in particular knowledge of uploading educational software.
There is also an opportunity to volunteer at our school as a Teacher.
We can also accommodate volunteers in Kenya to advise/train staff on administration.
If you have skills specific to these areas then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.