09 Jan Volunteer Befriender – Volunteering Matters
Website Volunteering Matters
WANT TO GET VOLUNTEERING IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
Volunteering Matters are looking for volunteer befrienders for a new project in Newport supporting older and/or disabled people as well as their carers.
The time commitment can be anything from 1 hour per week depending on your availability. No experience is necessary as training is provided.
The roles available include:
– Befriending someone in their home;
– Helping people to settle into local groups and activities, so that they can make new friends
– Running or supporting a small group in the community based on local interests and hobbies
– Helping carers with light tasks around the home
– Providing transport to help people access social opportunities
Please note this is not a paid position but expenses will be covered.
If you are interesting in getting involved please contact:
Marie Nichols: email@example.com
Newport Office: 01633 679899
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.